Menken and Ahren's A Christmas Carol The Musical
What: Menken and Ahren's A Christmas Carol The Musical
December 2 to 4
December 9 to 11
December 16 to 18
December 21 to 22 and 25, show starts at 8PM and 7PM on the 25th
Where: The Globe Iconic Store, Bonifacio High Street Ampitheater
Tickets: Available now. Purchase tickets online at TicketWorld or call 891 9999.
Embrace the season of cheer with the re-telling of a beloved holiday tale based on Charles Dickens’ classic novel, A Christmas Carol, through a musical production by Globe Live together with 9 Works Theatrical presented by Mastercard and Huawei, and co-presented by Fox and Starworld with special thanks to Epson and Bonifacio High Street.
The story follows the transformation of a bitter old miser, Ebenezer Scrooge, into a gentler, tenderhearted man after being visited by the ghost of his former business partner, and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come.
Make no mistake about it though; Menken and Ahren's A Christmas Carol is neither your usual nor cloying Christmas tale. It invites audiences to take an introspective look at oneself and reminds us all that there are far more valuable things in life than personal wealth. And so just like Scrooge, we hope you, too, will find the true meaning of Christmas.
Characters & Cast
A young Ebenezer Scrooge lost his father to creditors, so growing up he took his advice to save money to heart. But he becomes a grumpy, terrible and unsympathetic man in the process, with no regard for anyone or anything. Played by Miguel Faustman.
Mr. Cratchit works for and is mistreated by his employer Scrooge. Regardless of this, he remains a hardworking father for his children including youngest son Tiny Tim and husband to Mrs. Cratchit. Played by Raul Montesa.
Mrs. Cratchit is a loving mother who tries to provide the best for her children with whatever she's got. Played by Anna Santamaria.
Tiny Tim is Mr. and Mrs. Cratchit's youngest son. He might be crippled and sick, but his Christmas spirit is brighter than anyone else’s. He also becomes the family’s constant reminder that as long as they all have each other, they will be happy. Played by Wayde Dizon & Rocco Buser.
Fred is Scrooge's nephew and only living relative. A pleasant young man, he believes that a good, joyful Christmas spirit can make a true difference in the world. Played by Nel Gomez.
Ghost Of Christmas Present
A jovial, larger-than-life ghost who comes back to show Scrooge what he’s been missing out on: joy, love and a warm Christmas celebration. Played by Franz Imperial.
Ghost Of Christmas Past
A cheerful, sprightly ghost who comes back with the history book of Scrooge's past to remind him of the events that led to his current state. Played by Miguel Norby David.
Ghost Of Yet to Come
Beautiful with terrifying wrath, the Ghost of Christmas Future is strong and silent as she shows Scrooge his future and those around him if he continues to tread the same terrible path. Played by Ela Lisondra.
Marley is Scrooge's former business partner who was exactly like
Scrooge. He comes back as a ghost in chains to warn Scrooge of how his
life decisions will bind him in the afterlife. Played by Ariel Reonal.
Emily is Scrooge's fiancé from when they were young. She’s beautiful and is not impressed or in need of money. Played by Mitzie Lao.
Mr. Fezziwig is a jolly old man, husband to Mrs. Fezziwig and
Scrooge’s first boss. He taught him everything he knew but was deeply
disappointed in the man Scrooge had become. Played by Jun Ofrasio.
Jonathan/ Scrooge at 8 and 12/ Cratchit son | Tory Cortez / Andre Ruelo / DM Garcia
Grace Smythe | Ella Gonzales & Rayne Cortez
Fan/Cratchit daughter | O Buser & Cerise Ramirez
Fred's son/Nickolas | Joe Ng & Mari Yapjoco
Martha Cratchit | Kyle Francisco
Young Ebenezer | Al Gatmaitan, Kendrick Ibasco, Josh Ramirez, JP Basco
Beadle | Will Angeles, GM Hernandez III, Jonjon Martin
Sally | Gian Gloria, Ina Salonga, Shalee Vicencio, Mariella Laurel
Mrs. Mops | Mara Javier
1. This Promotion is open to all Credit, Debit and Prepaid MasterCard cardholders.
2. Promo period runs from November 21, 2016 to December 25, 2016.
3. For a minimum single receipt purchase of P4,000, in any of the participating Bonifacio High Street, One Parkade and Two Parkade establishments, MasterCard cardholders are entitled to avail of two (2) FREE A Christmas Carol Musical Play tickets.
Play dates are on the following from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
· December 2, 3 & 4
· December 9 10 & 11
· December 16, 17 & 18
· December 20 & 21
· December 25 from 7:00PM to 9:00 PM
4. For Credit Cards, the following transaction types are NOT qualified for ticket redemption: Cash Advance – ATM (Local & International, Over-the-Counter) Auto Charge, Online / Internet, Mail & Telephone.
5. For Debit Cards, local ATM withdrawals are NOT qualified.
6. For Prepaid Cards, Online / Internet purchases are NOT qualified.
7. Transactions from these businesses are NOT qualified for the promo: casino/gambling, money transfers, quasi cash financial institution, political organizations and bail & bond payment.
1. The free A Christmas Carol tickets can be redeemed at the BGC Concierge located at C1 & C3 at the Bonifacio High Street daily from 11:00 AM to 5:00PM only.
2. Cardholder must present the following to qualify for redemption:
o MasterCard credit, debit or prepaid card
o Original charge slip from the transaction
o Proof of identification (as needed)
3. The charge slip should match the card details (Name, Card Number) in MasterCard credit, debit or prepaid card.
4. BGC’s Concierge personnel shall collect the necessary details from the cardholder for record purposes and shall stamp the validated charge slip.
5. The BGC concierge shall release two (2) A Christmas Carol tickets to the cardholder.
6. If the cardholder fails to watch the show on the said date, tickets will be forfeited and cannot be changed to a later date.
7. If the cardholder fails to avail the ticket within the redemption period, tickets will be forfeited in favor of MasterCard with prior DTI approval.
8. The FREE Christmas Carol tickets are not convertible to cash.
9. Upon redemption, MasterCard cardholder signs an Acknowledgement Receipt stating that they have received the tickets indicating the play dates.
10. Last day of redemption will be on December 25 at 5PM.
11. In case of dispute, the decision of MasterCard with the concurrence of DTI shall be considered final.
Per DTI-FTEB-Permit No. 14974 Series of 2016
1. Customers applying for a myLifestyle Plan 999 and higher
(whether as first time or additional line/account) at the
participating Globe stores in GMA will receive two (2) free tickets to
the local adaptation of the musical play “A Christmas Carol.”
2. Customers who will renew the contract of their existing postpaid plan and change to a myLifestyle Plan 999 and higher at any of these participating GMA stores will also receive two (2) free tickets to the local adaptation of the musical play “A Christmas Carol.”
3. Only the first 350 customers will be entitled to the (2) free tickets.
4. These customers must avail of a Huawei device with their postpaid subscription.
5. All existing postpaid customers who do not apply for a new line or renew their contract, regardless of the plan, will be entitled to a ten percent (10%) discount when they purchase tickets to the play from any Ticketworld outlet or ticketworld.com.ph. They will receive a text invite about this offer. (Refer to messages in the Main Tab.)
6. Participating Huawei devices at plan 999 and higher are the following:
|Huawei device ||Plan|
| Huawei GR5 || Free at Plan 999 |
| Huawei GR3 + B0 Watch || Free at Plan
| Huawei P9 || |
With P6,000 cash-out under Plan 999/
Free at Plan 1499
| Huawei G8 || |
With P6,000 cash-out under Plan 999/
Free at Plan 1499
| Huawei Mate 8 || |
With P15,000 cash-out under Plan 999/
With P12,000 cash-out at Plan 1499
Free at Plan 2499